Friday, April 18, 2014

You Take My Breath Away

As I sometimes do, I am posting a disclaimer here. For all of you who are squeamish and don't like mush you need to cease reading post-haste. Thank you.

You know how you hear about people that get into relationships and kinda lose their minds?

I found this great quote the other day. It said, "Immature love says, "I Love You because I Need You," and Mature love says, "I Need You because I Love You."

Do you see the difference there?

I have observed a lot of life in the past couple of years. And, one of my observations has lead me to believe that I am ever so thankful that I have been sheltered from the real world all of these years. I am thankful for my ideals, and for the fact that I had parents who taught me how to be self-sufficient and moral.

I just don't get a lot of things. I really, really don't.

People have become disposable. As soon as you cease to need them that "undying love" you professed is also gone.

And, it seems that people have become so accustomed to this type of behavior that this is all they expect and they guard themselves from life and from feelings.

See, I never learned how to do this.

Because I have always believed in love. I STILL believe in love.

Lately I have had feelings of love. Beautiful feelings of love. And, that has been unexpected but not unwelcome. Neither of us are perfect and we are different as night and day.

Still.....it's there.

As strong as it is lately it has blossomed all over again. I would like to think it is because finally trust has been established, that I am who I claim to be, and my heart is true. At least, this seems to be part of the reason.

Just the simplest words and my breath catches, my heart flutters, and I feel alive.

And, I have to tell you, I need him because I love him. I can't even begin to explain.

Really, I have no intention of trying to explain. This is ours and ours alone.

It has been worth the wait......

No comments: