Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Love Remembered

Sometimes it happens with time. Love grows cold and the relationship that once meant so much to you gets placed on the back burner of life and suddenly you wake up and the flame has gone out that kept the love going, leaving only embers of what was once so consuming.

What a sad place to find yourself in. Suddenly alone with nothing left but the memories of what was once so wonderful, so powerful, so real.

And I think what is the hardest part of all as you find yourself surrounded by the emptiness of forgotten love is when you begin to remember.

You remember that first time you saw them, the way you felt deep inside when your eyes met. You remember those first awkward conversations and the first time you finally went on a date.

Once again you walk through the events of those early days, and the years that have followed. You can remember the laughter, the tears you shared together, the warmth, the promise.

And you can reach a place, without knowing exactly what happened when you know all is gone from those sweet days, and you have no idea how to go back.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends.

Love NEVER ends.

I know so many marriages end in divorce and that saddens me to the depth of my soul. I have cautioned my children to be sure when they marry they are in the Will of God because I think that is the most important factor.

It has been many years since I walked down the isle and met the man I had planned to spend the rest of my life with. And there have been times during the years that the flame has burned down and life has taken over. But I STILL plan on spending the rest of my life with him.

There have been times in my walk with God that I have felt cold. And I remember the days when the fire of Truth burned bright within me. It is those times I find myself at the altar falling in love all over again.

So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Love NEVER ends. Remember that.

No comments: