Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Running Away

My hunny & I will be taking a much needed break from reality at the end of this week. I am ever so excited about having some time away from life and all of its ups and downs.

Here of late I have thought more than once about just driving off and disappearing for a few days. I think I am in need of some "alone" time.

There are so many things in my mind that I need to just be able to think my way through. And I am desiring some time with my Friend, to get re-acquainted with Him after my recent heartaches have left my vessel a little cracked.

Bro. Jonathan Alvear preached an awesome message when we were there just before Mom died. When I think of that broken vessel that the Bible talks about, I have always picture it as busted into pieces.

But he said sometimes our vessels are just cracked. We go to church, we get refilled, and because that crack is there in our vessels all that we are filled with leaks out of that crack until we are empty again.

So, if that's me, Lord, I'm in need of some time on the Potter's Wheel.

And I am hoping that I get that staring out at the beautiful scenery this weekend.

I may be running away from my reality, but I am running into His arms....and that's the only place I long to be!!

No comments: