Friday, May 6, 2011

To See Through The Glass Darkly

Here it is....2:43 am, and yet I cannot close my eyes. Not for lack of tiredness, for I proclaim that I am weary of body and mind. And yet, I cannot seem to close out this day.

Would anyone fault me for dreams? I would not consider it. Dreams, it seems to me, are the reason we do want to rise to face each day. Without something to dream of, some tomorrow to seek, I fear I would want to sleep on forever.

I have looked toward dreams for many years, for 24 to be precise. Every since I first felt that flutter of life beneath my heart, I have dreamt of days to come with much anticipation.

And now, it appears that I am standing with my face pressed into the dark glass of those dreams, straining to catch a glimpse of what awaits on the other side.

I can feel each dream in my heart, yet I can scarcely see them with my eyes. But I still believe they are there.

I have no way to describe the feelings rushing inside of me.

I do not know if I can waste one precious moment to close my eyes and let sleep overtake me. Yet, I know I must.

I have no recourse but to place my trust firmly in His hands, knowing He sees the ending from the beginning. He sees clearly through the smoky tint that deprives me from a true glimpse of tomorrow.

And so, I will rest in His care, certain that He cares for me.

No comments: