Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Beginning

"In the beginning God created...." Genesis 1:1

I have been saddened by events of recent days. Saddened, but not surprised.

For those of you that have never met me...let me introduce myself.

My name is Sheri, and I am a mother.

There are those that were born to be doctors, or lawyers, or zoologist. I was born for a purpose also.

I wear other hats that I also love. I am a wife, I am a nurse, a daughter, a sister, an aunt, and a friend. And I am a Saint of God. (at least I try to be)

My vessel is imperfect, the flaws are sometimes very notable. But those flaws have never stopped me from being able to carry this love I have for my family.

And through God's abundant grace I have been able to love others also, though they are not my own children by birth.

I have been given a charge, and I have put everything I am into fulfilling it. My children are PERFECTLY imperfect.

I sit here this morning with tears blurring my vision. One of my babies hurts. And, oh, how that hurts my heart. I would that I could erase every pain, every tear from their lives. But that is not what's best for them. And in my love, I want the best.

I have a very favorite quote. "There will come a time when you will think everything is finished. That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour

For every beginning there is an end.

BUT, more importantly, for every ending, there is a BEGINNING.

I cannot take away your hurt this morning, my precious, beautiful baby. But I can give you something to hold on to...hope.

That is one thing that has not ended.

He knows where you are right now, knows all about the pain and the tears. But He knows much more than that concerning you.

"For I KNOW the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected END. Then shall ye call upon me, and yea shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

Remember your First Love, the One that will "never leave thee, nor forsake thee." (Hebrews 13:5)

HE KNOWS....HE KNOWS....HE KNOWS!!!!

I love you my precious Dumplin'. You are SOOO much like me. I see myself at your age in every move that you make. And you know what? I don't think I turned out half bad. Hold your head up...look unto the hills....Sometimes one chapter has to end, so the story can continue. And although the ending hurts, remember the sweetness of the beginning and don't begrudge the end. Let Him take control...He knows what is best. Even in the hurt, you can say "Even so, come, Lord Jesus." (Rev. 22:20)

This is for you, Baby. Mama loves you soo soo much!





No comments: