Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

This has been a nice Thanksgiving for us. So let me give you a run down of my personal thankfulness.

First and foremost, I am thankful for my Lord. I am thankful that I know this Apostolic message. I am thankful for holiness and separation from worldliness. I am thankful for my church family and my Pastor and Pastor's wife.

I am thankful for my job. I LOVE what I do! How many people get to say that everyday??

I am thankful for my husband. I know that may seem hard to believe *smile* but I am. At the end of all of life's trials and conflicts he is the one waiting to help me get myself back together. No relationship is perfect but he did read the 5 Love Languages at my request, and he has been making the bed...how sexy is that??

I am thankful for my daughter. She has such incredible strength. When I was a young woman that strength alluded me. I see her face life's challenges and disappointments with grace. Even as I write this she is facing a trial and I am amazed at her! When our children first appeared in this world we were very young (I was her age) and we made a promise that we would get them through college. She has been mainly getting herself through will little help from us. She made a goal for herself years ago and she has stuck to the plan. I am so proud to know that she came from me! Do you know how awesome that is??

I am thankful for my son. In him I see a lot of myself. My beautiful girl is outgoing and never lacks for friends. My son is more like me. He has friends, but there number is not huge. He is honest to a fault and doesn't hold back what he thinks you need to hear. I see him when I am singing on the platform, I see his arms lifted and his face set. I watch his movements for a moment, that's all I can do and still sing. I am thankful God is dealing with him, setting a coarse for him to follow. I am so proud to say he is my son.

I am thankful for my family. I am thankful my parents were able to go to Louisiana and see that new Great Grandbaby. Even though Mom ended up in the hospital I know how much they needed to get away from the 4 walls in their house for a while. It has been years now since they have been able to go for more than a couple of days.

I am thankful that I managed to remember how to cook dressing. And I am thankful that it was good!! Everything turned out good, except for the turkey. I am thankful I didn't burn the house down when I burnt it up....And I am thankful there was still some good meat on it.

I am thankful that I have had a whole Holt's Coconut pie to myself. And I am thankful that Monday dawns a new day and my husband has agreed to start a new healthier lifestyle with me so that we can be around to enjoy our Great Grands if the Lord tarries.

I am thankful that I did not have Lymphoma like we suspected. And I am thankful I did not have a brain tumor. I know there is still an issue looming but I am confident that all will be fine. I am thankful the trails of waiting to find out are over.

And I am thankful for you...my friends. Life keeps rolling along, but you are still there. I love you all. Please continue to help me pray that my piano playing will improve. God has been dealing with me about the fact that I have not been spending enough time with it, but some things have moved out of the way and now I can. He always makes a way!!

I am also thankful for my cell phone and my Mac that allows me to share our blackened thanksgiving turkey with you!! ( and with my Mama in the hospital in Louisiana)



No comments: