Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Time IS On My Side....I think

I have had an event filled few days. I left Georgia Saturday Morning with my parents, their 2 dogs, pulling a trailer. I have never really pulled a trailer before but I knew I was going to have to learn within the first 2 seconds how it was done, and believe it or not, I made it without hitting one single thing!!

It took us about 12 hours to get to Louisiana from here. I didn't drive above 65mph so we went slower than usual.

My poor parents. I was trucking along while they napped, listening to a Deeann Gist book, eating Combos and Bottle Caps when I got sleepy. At about 4pm I thought, "Gee, I haven't fed my parents!!"

I asked if they were getting hungry to which I got a resounding YES! So, we found a McDonalds.

I was able to visit my brother and his family at the church he pastors in Pineville, Louisiana. (The church is called Truthway if you ever are in the area. There are some great people there) They were not expecting me so it was a very nice surprise. My Sister-in-law's face when she spotted me was priceless. To make the trip even more wonderful, my husband's brother rode with me. I haven't been able to spend any time with him in FOR-EV-ER so that was nice to get caught up during the 4 hour round trip there and back

My husband's sister was wonderful enough to keep my farm going on FarmTown. If you don't know what I am talking about, you are better off not knowing...that's all I am saying about that.

Monday morning my husband and I started the trek back to Georgia with a few notable stops. We stopped in Scott, LA and had some Boudin Balls from the Best Stop. Then we went to Don's there in Scott and had a meat pie and some stuffed bread. I really wanted some Kolachies while we were in Sulphur, but Vee's Donuts was closed.

We detoured to the Big Easy and made a stop at Snow Wizard. There we saw the future snow ball stand of our dreams. Plus we picked up a couple of new flavors and went to the Snow Wizard stand on Magazine Street where Luis gave us the tour. Then we had to try one, of course. Bobby got Cajun Red Hot and I got Cake Batter. Needless to say we returned to the main office and left with Cajun Red Hot and Cake Batter is on the list for the next order!!

We found a dive before we left and had a Po-Boy. I had shrimp and I ordered Bobby Roast Beef dressed with gravy. It really is heartbreaking to see NO all these years past Katrina and see all the empty houses and empty streets.

We spent the night in Gulf Shores, AL and ate that night at Lambert's Cafe. If you have never experienced Lambert's you owe it to yourself. Of course, after eating everything else we didn't do it justice, but the atmosphere is great and the food is yummy. We left with a box full and left it in the truck overnight...bummer.

We had a nice time together. Not too often we get to spend time just the two of us. But I am SO glad to be home. I hated missing church last night as we got in late after Bobby visited with some retailers on the way, mixing business with pleasure. I know they had a great service!!

Well, I got back to work this morning, tired, but generally feeling good about life, till I got home and checked the mail.

I had an offer from AARP to get life insurance!! WHAT!!! I've got at least 8 more years here people, quit rushing me. Time is speeding by fast enough on its own!!

OK, that's my update. I will post some pictures from the trip on facebook later. Didn't take many, but I have a few. Wish I would have gotten some of the sugar cane and the rice fields. So Beautiful to me....

Until next time!!

No comments: