Saturday, September 19, 2009

Back From The End Of The Earth

I could not tell you when the last time was that I took a few days just to do something I enjoy...scratch that...I CAN tell you. We took a 4 day weekend and went to New York with the kids in May and before that it was a year ago when Bobby and I snuck to Charleston for our Anniversary...Before that, Disney, Nov. 2007.

We used to enjoy going camping quite often, but life has kinda put a halt to that.

I have had to take days here and there for various things, sickness, children's sickness or accidents, etc, but I really felt the need to just disappear, no phone, no Internet, no car.

So, my sweet husband, who has lost all of his vacation time due to his company changing hands, took me out to the state park in the motor home and left me there. I accomplished my goals of reading and sleeping, maybe even over accomplished them...hahaha

It was nice and peaceful....but life still showed up.

It came rushing in by way of cellphone. I had messed up again. I hate messing up.

There is a downfall to being me...my naivete....

I have a bad habit of taking things at face value. This is dumb I know, but I just can't help it. If it looks black, I say "it's black" and if it looks white, well, you get the picture.

Usually I am the only one who pays the price when this happens, but this time, not so much. I had hurt other people by not being more cautious. And that hurts me.

For a time, I just wanted to drop off the end of the earth. But that's not an option. So, I visited with my Friend...I messed up, please forgive me and help me to clean up after my failures. Don't let anyone be hurt by my shortsightedness.

Got another call from my pud, crying and scared, unsure of what to do. But I knew....back to my Friend I went.

It was nice to have a time of refreshing....a time to relax and rest and reflect.

A time to remember.....

A time to be.....

No comments: