Saturday, October 23, 2010

Daddy

You always gave the best advice. And you saw things that I could never see. I really want to talk to you today, say "Daddy, this has happened. What do you think? What should I do?" and then I would listen as you examined both sides. I always had plenty to think about after we talked. Then there were the problems you just handled. Because you were my Daddy and that was your job. I always knew what that meant, but today I realized it meant more than I knew.... I am allowed to grieve you, I am allowed to miss you. And I alone know what I'm missing because you alone were my Daddy. I love you and miss you all the time. I wish you were here so you could talk to me about when your own Daddy died so I would know if it gets easier. Because I know you had this same great love for him.

No comments: