Saturday, December 4, 2010

She Works Hard For The Money

I know, you have missed me, dear blog. I have missed you too!!

I have been busy, busy, busy. Work has kept me running here and there and everywhere. I will be so thankful to have things even out...if they ever will.

For Thanksgiving we escaped and went to Disney World for 4 fabulous days! We had so much fun! I really think this was the best trip yet.

We laughed and loved and laughed some more. And you know, I become I little kid again as soon as I see that big Welcome sign that crosses the road when you are entering in. We actually stayed inside Disney this time. I don't think I will ever stay anywhere else.

I know it has been said by some that I spoil my children. It has even said that I have "Bought" their love....which is the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard.

I have loved. Plain and simple. And in that love or out of that love, I have tried to store up memories for my family, for that "someday" when I am no longer here. I want them to look back and say, "Remember when..."

We have just as many memories right here in the confines of these walls as we do at Disney or any of the other places we have visited.

And here is another secret....I work hard, I pay my bills, I'm not up to my eyeballs in debt, and if I want to enjoy my family, that is my business.

Wouldn't you agree?

I will let you in on another secret.... **whispers** I was spoiled, too.

Yup, there it is.....

Did I turn out bad? I don't think so.

And I have noticed something....my kids are pretty great. I'm proud of them, of who they are and who they strive to become.

And I think they love me, too. Not because of what I may have given them, materially, but because of what I have given them maternally.

So, we went to Disney for Thanksgiving. And we had a wonderful time laughing and loving.

And we made plans for the future. Plans for when they move on and have families of their own. Plans to return to laugh and love all over again, year after year.

Now, that made my Thanksgiving something to be thankful about. How blessed I am to have my family. How blessed I am that God has allowed us to be in the position to enjoy something like Disney, because I know how situations can change in an instant.

And I am thankful that even if I didn't have 2 dimes to rub together, I have love beyond measure.

That is something you could never put a price on.

So, I work hard for every paycheck, but, thankfully, love has come easily to my life. I have given love, and it has been returned tenfold!!

Thank You, my faithful Savior, for YOUR love for me. You HAVE given me the desires of my heart. And when that great day comes I know that it will be the love that I have for my children that they will remember most of all! I love You so much!!

No comments: