Saturday, April 9, 2011

Apostolic Attitude



I'm a part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have
Holy Ghost power. The dye has been cast, I have
stepped over the line. The decision has been made
I'm a disciple of His. I won't look back, let up, slow
down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my
present makes sense, my future is secure.

I'm finished with low-living, sight-walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed vision,
chintzy giving, and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need prosperity, position, promotion or
popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recog-
nized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by
present tense, by faith, walk by patience, lift by prayer,
and labor by power.

My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven. My
road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few,
my guide reliable, my mission clear.

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured
away, turned back, deluded, deceived, or delayed. I will
not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence
of my enemy, negotiate at the table of the adversary,
ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the
maze of mediocrity.

I won't give up, let up or shut up until I have stayed up,
stored up, prayed up , paid up and preached up for the
cause of Christ.

I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go 'til He comes,
give 'til I drop, preach 'til all know and work 'til He stops
me. And, when He comes for His own, He will not have
any problem recognizing me because I will not be dis-
couraged and I refuse to quit.

No comments: