Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Love Is......

When I was a little girl I enjoyed those cute little "Love Is...." comics. They were adorable! I thought it was kind of strange that they were naked, but that is beside the point.

I have read 1 Corinthians 13 so many times over the years. I have used it as a guide, a reminder of all that I should be to those that I claim to love.

Now, in case you haven't noticed, I LOVE my family. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

I have been married to the SAME man for almost 25 years. I think that one the reasons we can boast that is that measuring stick in 1 Corinthians 13 I was talking about. I have to look at it and say, "What am I doing?" sometimes. Can't claim we have had perfect times all the time, but love never is perfect.

And I have 2 exceptional children.

I really do.

Not playing.

I have had the opportunity to pay attention to other people's offspring. And I can assure you there is a lot of "Thank YOU Jesus!" coming from me.

I think one of the things that makes me different from other people is I can see their faults (just as I am sure they see mine). I am in no way blinded by the fact they are my children.

And I say children, when really they are adults.

Adults I can be proud of. Adults who don't have any major regrets.

Some parents boast in the fact that their children have run wild and are doing things that, as parents, they should be embarrassed by.

My children are godly examples to me.

I know how blessed I am.

I don't live a charmed life. I just live life. I live it to the best of my ability by keeping Him as the center.

And I hope this doesn't sound boastful, because I know where the credit lies.

You see, I know what love is.....

I have a life full of it.

Thank You, my sweet, sweet Savior. I am, among women, most blessed.

No comments: