Tuesday, September 6, 2011

He Sings Over Me

My Pastor was relating recently that he had been awakened in the night with a verse from the Bible. The verse was Zephaniah 3:17.
The LORD in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
This verse just stayed with me. To think that the LORD of heaven would sing over me with joy. I just cannot imagine.
So, Saturday I was working in my house and I was missing my Mama. I was thinking about her, and her death. And I was saying to myself that I just couldn't understand why she had to leave so soon and how much I miss her and wish I could talk to her again.
I went to sleep that night and in the early morning hours I had a dream.
In this dream I was in bed and my Dad came in. It was the Dad I remember from my teenaged years. He told me that he had a song to sing for me, a song about why my Mama had to die when she did.
And in the clearest voice he proceeded to sing verse after verse of the most beautiful melody.
A song that perfectly explained why she was gone.
I woke up feeling peace, but having no memory of what the song said.
But, I am certain it was from the Lord.
I know it was my earthly Dad singing to me in the dream, but I believe the song was from my Heavenly Father. He sang to me, sang a new song that replaced the sorrow I felt.
What GREAT love is that for His child?

1 comment:

Nellie Dee said...

Thats really cool. I love how He does things to bring us peace. I am obsessing about this verse. I really want to hear His songs over me.