Saturday, September 17, 2011

I've Got Dreams To Remember....

I think one of the most wonderful things about getting older is that you lose your concern with trying to prove things to others and decide to prove things to yourself. I guess that could be seen as a form of mid-life crisis, but I don't feel like I am in crisis.

I can give some very good advice to all of you young people out there on the brink of your lives and that advice is.....

THINK

For every action there is a reaction. And even when you cannot see the reaction immediately it will come.

You can see it years later in regrets that you never thought you would have.

I hope that doesn't make me sound like Debbie Downer, because that is honestly not what I am trying to do.

But I definitely have things in my life that I wish I would have put a little more thought into before I acted.

I can look back over the years and see where I made decisions to please others without thinking them through to see what was the right and smart thing to do for me, for my future and for the future of those I love.

I remember some of those dreams that fell to the wayside because of decisions made without taking the time to consider the long term reaction to those decisions. It is a lot harder to go back and live some dreams with your pockets filled with bad decisions.

Just one second, one minute into something you know you should avoid can have ramifications years down the road.

And you can wake up staring into the face of the consequences of yesterday for the rest of your life.

I have still got dreams that I want to see come to pass, dreams that the Lord has given me, dreams that I have let life get in the way of.

But, I am determined to see them happen, maybe not as they once could have, but they can still happen.

To my children: Don't be in such a hurry to live your life that you miss what He has in store for you. He has a plan for you, and if you enact your own plan without waiting then you will never know what could have been.

Wait, I say wait....upon the Lord (And be of GOOD courage)

I have dreams to remember.....dreams of your lives lived within His promises....just hold on and you will see....He is good...

No comments: