Monday, February 4, 2013

Tomorrow Awaits

I have lived through thousands of yesterdays,
Memories vague and obscure.
I have lived through thousands of happy moments,
And felt the bitterness of disappointments
Over and Over and Over again

I can feel those yesterdays
Pressed warmly against my back.
So close, that even if I turned my head
I could not see them.
Only feel the memories of what was.

Today I face ahead.
Looking toward tomorrow
Rich with possibilities
And promises yet fulfilled
Heat my face
And burn in my soul

How can I, in this shell of flesh
Ever be worthy of what awaits?
With the scars of yesterday
How can I still bear this hope?
When hope should be gone.

I hear the whispers of days gone by
Words soft in my ears from times left behind
And I wonder how it can be
That I find myself here
Awaiting the promises He gave
Only yesterday.
Awaiting the dawning.
Of Tomorrow.

As Tomorrow Awaits my arrival........

No comments: