Monday, January 12, 2015

This One's for You

I have dreamed a thousand dreams and hoped a million hopes. I have spent an eternity with my hands clinched in anticipation of that moment when I know, I just know. 

And, I have held to that promise, to that certainty that someday I WOULD know. 

Look at me. 

Staring back at me in the mirror is no longer a young girl with eyes full of tomorrow, but a woman who had seen tomorrow come. And go. 

And there is age in her face and sadness lurking in her eyes. 

If you could look beyond the outward to the inward you would see.....possibility. You would see a heart glowing with overwhelming desire to....live. 

And, live she shall. She will overcome this present darkness. She will stand in the sunlight again, surrounded by the sweetness of all she has searched for. She will finally know. Finally realize. And finally dream in color again. 

No comments: