Sunday, September 9, 2007

I Want My Daddy!

MANY years ago my then 2 year old daughter and I flew to see my Dad and Mom. She was naturally too young to understand much of what was going on and because of her age she had to sit in my lap during the flight.

We took a small plane out to Memphis where we boarded a larger plane. On the way to Memphis we encountered some bad weather. There was a good deal of turbulence which unnerved me to say the least, but it was my little dumplin' that really became afraid.

"I want my Daddy," was her mantra, and she repeated it loudly over and over and over. Nothing I did would calm her down. All she knew was that her big strong Daddy always took care of bad stuff, and in her 2 year old mind, the rocking and rolling of the plane was pretty bad.

The other passengers looked at me with each piercing cry from her sweet little lips which didn't help the situation at all, it only caused us both to be in tears!

I have encountered some turbulence lately. And yesterday the rocking and rolling of my life was pretty bad. So I found myself curled up in my bed calling out to my "Daddy" to come take care of the bad stuff.

Do you know that He said He would never leave us "comfortless" but He would come to us? The word comfortless in this instance could also be "orphans." So if He is not going to leave me comfortless, and He is the Comforter, wouldn't it stand to reason He is my Father also? *Keep in mind, this IS Jesus talking.*

In John 14:18 it says this: "I will not leave you comfortless (orphans): I will come to you." And then in verse 26 He states "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

That means if He is coming to us then He is the Comforter, too. He is the whole package. Just like my fleshly Dad is so many things to so many people (father, husband, brother, son, uncle, etc), but he is just one person, named Jim.

As I cried out today for my Father to come to me, I called His Name Jesus. And the Comforter came.

I have been adopted by a Father that will never leave me or forsake me. He cares for me, hears me, comforts me, and loves me. And Oh, How I Love Him!

No comments: