Thursday, December 4, 2008

Getting Through It

I have heard so many times the saying "If God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it."

And that is so true.

BUT, may I say, God doesn't bring you to every problem?

Some problems we bring ourselves to. There are times when bad decisions and willfulness cause us to end up in situations that we cannot get out of. We have to face the consequences of our actions.

But even when we cause our own problems, He still cares.

How many times I have had to go back and say, "OK, Lord, I messed up. Please forgive me, and help me to overcome this situation."

There are so many times I could have avoided problems if only I would have listened to Him. He tries to tell me sometimes...but I shrug it off.

Then, later, when I am standing toe to toe with the giant problem I have created, well, I always remember that He tried.

I think of Peter at those times with the Lord telling him, "You're going to deny me three times before the cock crows."

"No Way! Not Me!!"

As the rooster was crowing, the tears began to fall. Oh, how I have been there myself.

Then there are times when we are faced with problems that are caused by others, things we may not have even been involved in, but because someone else failed we are drug under the riptide of their calamity.

He listens even then.

And He urges us not to feel bitterness because the calamity was not our making, but ours to overcome. This is maybe the hardest of all. Because overcoming this type of problem usually involves humbling ourselves and forgiving.

Sometimes that can be more difficult than any other obstacle of faith we may ever face.

And it can also become a time of great faith building.

Problems come, but we know the Problem Solver. I know there are issues we face that are not the will of God, but that does not mean He will forsake us. He is ever faithful.

When problems come, He doesn't expect us to sit back on our heels and wait for Him to solve them. If we never had problems, we wouldn't need Him in the first place. Problems are some of our greatest opportunities to become who He would have us to be. But first, we must seek Him.

He has the answers. He is waiting to help us pass each test.

No comments: