Friday, December 26, 2008

Ethan Got Run Over By A Truck....


I can smile about it now...As I think about that stupid Christmas song about Grandma...but it wasn't funny in the least Tuesday night.

I have always had a fear of finding my child in an accident, or something of that nature. Tuesday night when I was sound asleep my son was being dumb.

Now, please don't think he is out running around, sneaking out and doing terrible things. He has this best friend, Logan, who is practically my kid, and he lives right down the road from us.

They are always getting together. Sometimes I will wake up and Logan will be over, or Ethan will go over there and spend the night. That is just Ethan and Logan.

Before I went to bed Tuesday night Ethan told me Logan wanted him to go over and skateboard at the church by his house. He said his stomach was hurting and he didn't know if he wanted to go. I told him he could just call Logan and say he was going to bed.

But he didn't. And at about 12:30 we got a call from Logan saying Ethan had and accident and had broken his arm.

My husband jumped up and so did I. Logan called again and said he had called 911.

My husband dressed before I did and made it down to the end of the road. I could hear the sirens as I ran outside while Bobby was pulling out of the driveway. I prayed the whole way down the road.

When I parked on the side of the highway I could see my husband and about 4 other people standing around a crumpled little form lying on the side of the road. I realized it was my son and my heart sank. All of my worst fears as a mother were lying in that heap.

We got him to the hospital in the ambulance and upon examination and x-rays he was found to have a broken ankle, fractured sacrum and his pelvis is broken in 2 places.

And I am SO thankful!! How blessed are we? Being hit at about 50mph and that is all that is wrong with him...How good is our God???

No comments: