Monday, November 2, 2009

The Best Thing I've Ever Done

Heard a wonderful message from my Pastor again this Sunday morning....Even sick, he can flat out preach!

The message was simply titled "Truth."

I know that there are those who scoff at my choices, at the things I hold dear. They say that "times they are a changing" and it is not necessary to really "follow" the Word of God.

I say "nay nay!" It has never been more necessary than this moment.

The Bible is the Word of God. And it is very precise about the beginning of life, and the ending of this life. There are no *maybes* only absolutes.

There are those in the Christian world today that would have you believe that you can live your life in any manner you choose and still see Heaven....

My Pastor said "Truth cannot be ADAPTED, it must be APPLIED."

It is not a feel good festival. Yes, I serve an awesome God that is full of grace and mercy. But, He is also the One that I will face on that CERTAIN day.

There is no alternate ending, it has not gone back for a rewrite. The Word of God has not changed.

Galatians 1:9

As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

This world is not interested in what it means to be a Christian. We cannot mold our lives around what we see on a daily basis. We have been given a measuring stick by which to measure our lives and it is not Hollywood, or the political arena. It is the Word.

I don't live the way I used to, don't act the way I used to, don't dress the way I used to, go where I used to.....and I don't ENJOY the things I used to.

I met Someone who made such a profound change on my life that I no longer desired the same things....I fell in love with Him.....

And it was, by far, the best thing I've ever done. I'm not the same in any area of my life, and although I have a long way to go I know without a doubt that I don't ever want to go back.

Truth is just that....Truth

Have you felt like something was missing? Been to church and wondered why you never left feeling any different? When was the last time you wept with conviction and knew something about your life needed to change? When was the last time you left a service feeling REALLY changed beyond a feel good pat on the spiritual head?

I encourage you today to meet my Jesus, and go someplace where you can worship Him "in spirit and in truth!"

No comments: