Monday, September 6, 2010

The Music of a Life

Memories tread lightly, shifting through darkness, peaking around corners....

So many years....so many times....




And the memories come out of nowhere, tied to a moment...

Like sitting beside them both in the front seat of the car.....



Sitting up front, just my Mama and me....



Listening to their old records and pretending I was there, too....



And riding on the coat-tails of my older siblings teen-aged years....



As they found their paths and left me to find mine.....



Nights out with Mom and Dad....impressing my friends at 40 year olds that still listened.....



Times I struggled to find out who I was....



Times when I thought I had it all figured out....



And then when love came....



And I thought I was "All Grown Up" but life showed me different....



So I turned to Him....



While rocking my babies....



And although I stumbled and fell....He was waiting to pick me up...



How could I not give Him all of my praise....with all He has given me....



He has been my strength in times of trouble, my comfort in times of need....

He has given me the courage to say "Farewell for now" to my wonderful parents....



And a life filled with love and memories...the best life...one lived for Him....

No Turning back.....



Because I know the best is yet to come....



And someday....when my time comes....I want to be ready.....



But every now and then a memory will come gliding in on the wings of a song....



And I am transported to another place and time.....



And I remember....



Suddenly it becomes more than a song....it becomes a piece of my life....

Replayed once again.

No comments: