Sunday, March 30, 2014

Anxiety Girl Strikes Again. Story at 11.

I was having a conversation with my brilliant cousin about my self esteem issues. I have issues....I know this to be true. No delusions here. 

They are deep rooted and therefore I know they will be difficult to remove. The moment of my life that best sums up my issues is this....

I planned a surprise for him. We didn't have much money so I had to really plan. Cheap hotel for the night....balloons....etc. 

We went to the room to drop off our things and then to eat at a restaurant near by. I sat across from him listening to him explain to me how lucky I was to have him since no one would ever want me. 

And, at that exact moment, the guy at the booth behind me FINALLY freed the ketchup from the bottle with all his frantic pounding. As I listened to how worthless I was, ketchup landed in my hair and ran down my face as if to add the dot on the exclamation point of my pitiful existence. 

Horrible story. And, not the worst unfortunately. 

But, I digress. 

Sometimes I have a hard time realizing my own value. And in those times when my sense of worth is shaky it seems like something always happens. 

ALWAYS. 

So, my cousin and I were talking. She is well aware of my insecurities and when I verbalized how I was feeling she quickly reminded me of some things I needed to hear. 

And like a balloon when stabbed with a knife I could feel that fear seeping away. 

Why is it fear comes into out lives? Man, I wish I knew. I do know the One who can take my fears. Just like her words did, He can cause it all to deflate and peace to come back in. 


Yeah....that's me. What can I say? Haha

No comments: