Sunday, March 23, 2014

Be It Ever So Humble

I have been in the market for a new home. I want to be closer to my new job because all that travel everyday is for the birds, and I want to be able to have my little furry girl with me until Ethan has a place to put her.

And, I want to have the money I'm spending go toward something that will be mine one day. I have been approved for a loan and have been searching for a manageable home in the area I want to settle in for now.

I found one home that was cute as a bug in a rug. Unfortunately, when they did the inspection several things were brought to light that made me leery of having to deal with these issues in the future. So, I am withdrawing my offer.

I found another really nice home in the country that has never been occupied. I went to look at it today and it has tons of potential. Every wall in the home is white sheet rock, so I was already imagining colors in my mind as I strolled through the house.

It has a split floor plan, which I love and a huge master bedroom with a walk-in closet, a garden tub, and a shower with seats.

It just needs some TLC.

I have never been fancy smancy. I enjoy the simple things and simple life. So, this would be well within my needs. It even has a little stream and a back deck I could put my parents old patio table and my fire pit on.

I have been extremely busy lately, but I am hoping that will all slow down. I start a new job in the morning that I am excited and terrified about. Needless to say, I am hitting the hay early tonight.

I will update when I make a decision and let you guys see my humble abode. In the meantime, I will keep plucking along.

Night all!!

No comments: