Tuesday, August 26, 2008

How Much Is It Worth~~To YOU??

Luke 7:37 And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment.

I started to think about that woman today. She passes through my mind on many occasions, but today I lingered on her story.

Today my mother lies in the hospital. Today my father is alone, still coping with all the health issues that have taken such a toll on him. Today my husband is on the road and will be gone the whole week; he's missing church tonight & I know he needs to be there. Today I have been on my knees, fighting for my children and all the things of the world that have been coming against them. Today I have been struggling in my job, needing connections that I just cannot seem to make.

Luke 7:38 And (she) stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet and anointed them with the ointment.

Mark 14:3 And being in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very precious, and she brake the box, and poured it on his head.

Today I feel such praise within my heart.

My praise is not just words that I utter. No, no. You see, my praise is as a precious ointment.

Like a precious jewel I protect my praise, and I place it within my most costly vessel. You see, it means so much to me that I keep it cradled in the vessel of my heart.

Sometimes it takes breaking that vessel to pour out my praise. And when I keep my heart full of praise for Him, there is no room for bitterness, envy or strife.

I long to reach His feet, to humble myself, once again, and pour out all that is within me to my God.

There is no waste of my praise, for He repairs my vessel and enlarges it to hold even more praise for Him.

My praise is the most valuable thing I can give to the One who gave all to me. No one can take my praise from me, if I lose it, it is at my own hand because I have not be careful and protected my vessel.

I am ready, Lord. I can feel the overwhelming desire to praise You. It's time. When I look around me, I know the cost. Today, I give you my all.

No comments: