Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Idle Worship

There are very few things in this life as powerful as worship. 

Let me repeat that for you, because I don't know if you were REALLY paying attention..ehem...

There are very FEW things in this life as powerful as worship. 

With that being said, let me tell you a little about worship. 

Worship is adoration, to adore. Worship is focusing on that which you adore with everything in your being. When you reach that place of worship you lose focus on what is around you and your focus is centered on what is the center of you.

Have you ever really worshipped?

Let me ask that again...

Have you ever REALLY worshipped?

In the book of John in the forth chapter when Jesus revealed Himself to the woman of Samaria He went on to say, "Ye worship ye know not what; we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

Let me *break it down* just a wee bit.

He said "we KNOW what we worship." When you ADORE something you know it, like you know your own heart. When I say ADORE I don't mean you are fond of something, I mean you have a deep, abiding LOVE for something, a consuming love. 

The Jews knew about the One True God, but He said *the time is coming when the TRUE Worshippers will worship *the One True God* in spirit and in truth.*

And He said that this is who God is seeking to worship Him. He COMMANDED we worship Him "in spirit and in truth."

When that salvation came to you, when you were filled with that Spirit, you gained the ability to truly worship, for the first time in your life, you had within you the means to WORSHIP.

Now, I'm not talking about some weak, watered down, idle worship. 

I am talking about WORSHIP! I'm talking about laying aside every sin, weight and shackle and losing yourself in your adoration of the ONE you love. 

Have you been to that place?

There is a place in worship where your problem disappear, your troubles don't trouble you, your loneliness is gone, your heartaches, your disappointments, your trials, everything takes a back seat to Him. 

He WANTS that kind of relationship with you. He knows you have problems, but what He loves is to see you cast them all aside to be with Him. 

So to you tonight, I know things are tough, and maybe things haven't turned out the way that you would desire them to be. I KNOW because I'm walking that same road. I'm challenging you, and I'm challenging myself to reach that place again, that place where the TRUE worshiper steps in. That place where everything goes on hold, just so worship can go up. 

When we allow ourselves to reach that place we remember...

He KNOWS. 

No comments: