Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Never Surrender!

There are times in our walk with God that we are called to put on our armor and fight. We fight for our homes, our families, our church, our cities, our very souls.

Now, more than ever before, I feel the call to battle. I feel the drive to push through to victory in areas of my life that have long been a battlefield.

I am making preparations now to dig in and fight. I know that warfare is always costly, but it is worth the price.

It is time. Time we drew a line in the sand, time we took a stand. It is time to get up off our couches of complacency and lift up our battle cries.

As we have become comfortable in our surroundings, as we have grown used to the sights of Sodom, we have been losing ground. I cannot wait for an Abraham to come to my rescue. I am prepared to fight my own way out, I am prepared to lead the way, if necessary.

There is no time to waste, no time to contemplate, no time to sit still. There is a battle raging around us. Either we chose to fight or we allow ourselves to be consumed.

Winston Churchill stood in the House of Commons on June 4, 1940 following the evacuation of British and French armies from Dunkirk as the German tide swept through France and said,

"We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air. We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing-grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!"

When things look hopeless, we shall fight. And as we fight we will gain strength to fight again, to fight harder, to recruit more to fight with us. The battle is His, and He has called us to get suited up for battle.

Can you hear the cry? "Never give up, Never give in, NEVER SURRENDER!!"

No comments: