Friday, March 16, 2007

Can Someone Press "Pause" Please....

Have you ever had one of those days when time seems to be running in fast forward and you can't keep up? It seems I have had my share of them lately. I have often thought how nice it would be to just freeze time for a while and catch up to where I need to be.

Time is an odd thing. It is unrelenting. I think quite a bit about time, about the passing of time, and about the results of that passage. I don't think I'm some great philosophical mind or any mumbo-jumbo like that. But I live my life in the wake of that great passage of time. I see every day the end result of years that have passed too quickly.

To use the phrase "bitter-sweet" would be appropriate, I suppose. Some moments more bitter, some more sweet. During my retrospective times I have found that I have not blamed my Lord for the bitter, I have found usually the fault, if any, lies within.

So I have learned that the most important thing I can do is pause, make time stand still by making myself be still and sit at His feet, cast my cares upon the One who cares for me, seek first the kingdom of God, and rightly divide His Word and apply it to my life, every time.

And I know if I keep my eyes on Him then, in time, I'll have all the time I will ever need. "Many things about tomorrow, I don't seem to understand. But I know Who holds tomorrow, and I know Who holds my hand."

No comments: