Wednesday, March 14, 2007

When I'm 64

I am a grown person and I can qualify that statement. Physically it is obvious I am in the throws of middle age, that is not what I mean. I am a grown person in my heart.

Through years come experiences, and through experiences should come growth. The by-product, so to speak of growth should be maturity. My heart should be well into the "Golden Years."

Everyone that lives and breathes faces challenges, and in the face of these challenges choices are made. So have I made choices, some good, some not so good, but those choices make up the substance of who I am and who I want to be.

Now I stand on the bank of tomorrow, looking across to the other side where my forever waits. And through it all, every challenge I have faced, every bend in the road, I have only become more sure of my goal. I've got to make it.

What life will hold for me when I'm 64, I cannot say. But I know I will hold on to Him. I have got to make it, my heart knows that is all that matters.

No comments: