Saturday, June 2, 2007

The Day Has Arrived.....

I'm finding it hard to put into words how I feel today. Part of me feels content, the other part of me feels, well, let down I guess. I mean I knew this day would come, I knew it would. But just knowing did not make it any easier to face. I was so torn inside. I didn't want to admit that the day had finally arrived, but I had no choice.

Why? Why did it happen to me? It just made everything so real and sharp, made it impossible to deny the passage of time. In some ways it was a vivid reminder of all the years that have passed. So much has happened. So many changes have taken place. So much loss and so much gain.

Oh, don't misunderstand me. I am grateful for every year, every memory, every triumph, and every defeat. I have learned so much, and I know I have so much to learn.

But I just wasn't prepared for this day. It's like finally admitting it has happened...

See, yesterday I did something that I thought was further down the road, something I would have years and years before I had to do. But reality said it was time. So....

I bought my first bottle of anti-aging cream.....

It is just so bittersweet, sagging is bitter, but the memories, so sweet....

I shudder to think what is next...(a girdle????)

No comments: