Tuesday, August 28, 2007

It's For Me

I know there is no one else in the whole world who ever feels sorry for themselves, right? That is just something that just happens to me. Well, for all of you out there who have never sat down and had a *pity party* let me give you a picture of what it looks like...

I sit, thoughts of doom and frustration swirling around in my mind, which cause more thoughts of doom and frustration, which drives me to think in the worst case scenario, which causes thoughts of doom and frustration, which...well, I trust you get the picture.

Please understand, I don't want to be having a pity party. It is not like I wake up and say, "Yipee, today I'm going to sit around and whine about (fill in the blank) and see just how pitiful I can become." Sometimes in my life, unfortunately I feel overwhelmed with circumstances. It's at these time that good old *doom and gloom* show up with their mourning clothes on.

Thankfully, today when they came to call I had the forethought to call my Help. I prayed "Lord, You've got to help me overcome these feelings." And I thought to call my wonderful Pastor's wife and ask her to pray, but I didn't want to bother her. I said, "Oh Lord, I would that I could just talk to her. She always lifts me up."

Immediately my cell phone rang. On the other end was just the help I needed.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 "Two are better than one: because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow; but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hat not another to help him go."

I am so thankful He was with me. And He sent someone to help me carry my load.

In afterthought I sit here thinking "how could I LET myself get down, knowing my God loves me so much that in my darkest hour He has a voice of comfort and hope give me a call."

*So let me walk with You, Jesus
Don't ever leave me alone
For without You I would never
No never make Heaven my home......*

No comments: