Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Chicken Little Versus The Ostrich

For those of you who have not lived life in my shoes it would be hard for you to comprehend my thought processes. Perhaps it would be hard for even a renowned team of experts to comprehend my thought processes, but that is neither here nor there.

But for those who are the least bit curious as to what it would be like to float around in my thoughts, (float being an appropriate word here) I'll be ever so happy to share.

Within my being rages an epic battle, the battle of *Something bad is coming, I just know it* and *I'm just going to stick my head in the sand and pretend everything is beautiful.*

It really gets heated when I am able to pretend for a week or so and then get body slammed by the falling sky.

So I have been anticipating with great joy the marriage of my beautiful niece, so much so that I have managed to purposely lodge my head as deep into the dirt as I could possibly get it, only to have my posterior slapped with a hunk of diving atmosphere. Now I'm stuck somewhere between desire and despair wondering what will win out.

I need You so much this morning. You said to come to You, all that were weak and heavy laden and You would give us rest. I need that Lord, real rest in You, not just pretend rest. I need a way where there is seemingly no way today. I'm depending on Your love to see me through.

No comments: