Monday, October 1, 2007

A Door of Hope in the Valley of Trouble

During prayer last night before service I felt God was going to send a word for me. And He did, through Bro. Phillips who was filling in while my Pastor and his wife to a much deserved break.

What a wonderful message sent straight to me in my Valley of Achor.

Hosea 2:14-15 states, "Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfortably unto her. and I will give her her vineyards from thence, and the valley of Achor for a door of hope: and she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt."

It is amazing that even in times of trouble God will come and speak to our hearts, but not only speak to us, He will put us at ease even when He brings us into the wilderness Himself.

I don't know why everything that has happened has happened. But I am assured that He knows. And even in this time of trouble He comes and speaks to my heart, He comforts me.

Not only that, He will sustain me, in times of trouble He will provide the sustenance that my soul needs to keep going. And it does seem that during this time He has fed me from the richness of His Word over and over and over. He has provided me with strength to continue on.

The most amazing part of all of this is that He said that "she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt."

He said he would trade "the Valley of Achor for a door of hope." My trouble for hope, my sorrow for hope, my loneliness for hope, my despair for hope. And He will have me rejoice as I did in that day when He delivered me from my life of sin and heartache. He said I will be singing in my troubles.

He has allowed me to do just that. He has made a way for me when I could see no way and now as I lift my voice to Him my worship is real and heartfelt as it always has been. It is my privilege to give Him my praise. He is my strength and my song.

As I stand and lift my voice to Him it is my heart that sings, it is my trouble that I lay aside to give Him the praise He deserves for who He is in my life.

Troubles come, I can attest to that. But the troubles are not my testimony. My testimony is a door of hope that He gave me in the midst of the valley of my troubles. My testimony is the unchanging hand of God. My testimony is His faithfulness to me.

I'll not sing about my valley today, I'll sing about the hope that is mine. The hope that comes from an ever present Savior. My love song to Him.


No comments: