Thursday, December 27, 2007

There Is No Telling

I want to say today as this year is drawing to a close and another looms on the horizon how thankful I am to serve God.

I am thankful that He called me out of darkness and into His wonderful light. I am thankful for the revelation of His truth. I am thankful today that I can feel Him, that I have a relationship with Him that goes beyond a "tingle," I am thankful for the Holy Ghost. He promised in His Word that He would send the Comforter. He said "I will not leave you comfortless, I will come to you." I am thankful He is the God of fulfilled promises.

I am thankful for Holiness and for the understanding of what it means and how truly beautiful it is. I am thankful for the love I have in my heart for the way that I am. I am thankful that it is in my heart. I am thankful for being called out from among the world to live a life of separateness. The Word of God says Light and darkness have no fellowship. I am thankful I know that.

I am thankful I know who He is. And I am thankful that I know that belief alone will not get you into Heaven. If that were so then Heaven would be full of devils for the Word says in James 2:9 Thou believest that there is one God: thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. I am thankful that I know that I need to repent daily, because without repentance I know I would be lost.

I am thankful I haven't been sucked into this "easy believism" that has entrapped much of the "Christian" world today. I am thankful that I know that it doesn't matter if I *accept* Him, but if He accepts me. I am thankful that I know that the Word of God is without compromise and that it is not on the *cafeteria plan* where I can pick and choose what I want and pass the rest by. I am thankful that my Pastor teaches the whole Word of God and that he is not intimidated by the world. I am thankful that he lives the Word.

I am thankful that I can get on my face and cry out to Him. I am thankful that I can weep before Him and travail until I have touched the hem of His garment. I am thankful that I believe in healing, and deliverance, and spiritual warfare. I am thankful that I believe that because of my obedience to His Word I have power "because of the angels" and I am ever so thankful that I know what that means and have seen that power working in my life and the lives of my family.

I am thankful that my experience with Jesus is not some watered down social club, but that it is real and tangible and consuming. I am thankful that I never "joined" the church but I was born into it by the Baptism in Jesus' Name and the infilling of the Holy Ghost WITH the evidence of speaking in other tongues just like the first church had in the Book of Acts.

And I am thankful that I have seen in action and been a partaker of the "signs that follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." (Mark 16:17-18) I am thankful that I understand what that means and have not corrupted what Jesus was saying.

Most of all I am thankful for my Jesus, my God, my Savior, my best friend, my Comforter, my Provider, my Strong Tower, my Strength and my Song. The One true God, the One that was and is and is yet to come. He is the love of my life. And because of the measure of faith He has given to me, I know there is NO TELLING what God will do.

I thankfully wait in anticipation, looking up, for my redemption draweth nigh.

No comments: