Thursday, December 20, 2007

Tick Tock Tick Tock

I am 41.

I went to bed Monday night and I woke up Tuesday morning another year older.

Hard to believe, huh? I know! I mean, just yesterday, it seems, I was skipping school, and, um, er, well, maayybbeee not skipping. Let's just say I was leaving without permission. (I was only brave enough to do it twice, so don't be too impressed by my badness)

My Grandmother is in the hospital. It seems like she has aged 10 years in the last year. I was standing beside her bed last night watching her sleep and it occurred to me that she was only 2 years older than me when I was born, and I was her 3rd grandchild (counting my OLDER brother and sister).

WOW....I can't even imagine.

I am not afraid of the years ahead. I relish the thought of what is to come.

If I could reverse time, I would. I would rewind to the point in my development when I obviously had the choice between gracefulness and klutziness, because, the klutzy thing ain't working. I can qualify that statement by the pain in my already broke toe where I ran over it with a wheelchair loaded with a patient last night.

I learned to walk before I learned to crawl. And, really, missing that part of my development didn't help.

But, I suppose I was ear-marked for wobbliness at a very young and tender age. And that *ability* has grown and intensified to mammoth proportions.

So, I'm about to drag my stumbly self to bed for some much coveted snooze time. When I awake I will be a heartbeat closer to 42!

I'm just going to lay that clock face down and not worry about it.

Thanks for all the love and support of my family and friends. My life is sweeter because of each of you, and each year gets better and better!

No comments: