Wednesday, January 29, 2014

My Only Choice

It's hard to breathe
Hard to know
Almost impossible to imagine.

There is danger here
In the unknown
Trust becomes all you have.

Your heart collides
With yesterday
Afraid of forward motion

Yet in the dark
The light of hope
Becomes so very bright.

I cannot know
I cannot dream
I cannot allow these feelings.

And yet they come
They call to me
Reminding me to listen.

Oh so sweet
Oh so soft
Love comes whispering to me.

My heart is open
Even if broken
It pulls me ever closer.

This flame of hope
And hopeless need
War with burning passion.

This dream I dream
So lit with truth
Pushes back my terror.

It's in your eyes
So stark and real
I see my deepest longing.

To know at last
What love can do
When freed from expectation.

It's not with haste
But urgently
My heart cries out for healing.

And yours responds
With measured words
My only choice - to listen.

No comments: