Wednesday, January 1, 2014

If I Could Tell You....

As I lay here on this New Year's Day and realize very soon it will be 4 years since I last spoke to you, I think of so many things I would tell you if I could. 

There are so many times that I pull from the pieces of you both that are within me. So many times I hear your voices in my head and feel your love surround me. The missing doesn't go away. I still long for you both every minute of every day. 

So much has changed for me. So much has changed in me. And it would be so amazing to be able to be wrapped up in one of your hugs and hear you tell me you love me because you loved ME. You loved Sheri Lynn. And you did it without condition or limitation. 

I would love to tell you I'm happy. I am happy, Mama and Daddy. And I know you would be able to look in my eyes and see my heart and be happy with me. 

My babies are all grown up and the empty places you left in their lives still affect them. You left in them both a legacy of love that will never leave. So, in a wonderful way, you will never be gone from our lives. They never, ever doubted that their Granny and Papa loved them. And, it was such a powerful love they still feel it, as I do. 

So, here I am. Another year gone by without you. Another year closer to seeing you again. 

If I could tell you I would say this year is going to be really good, Mama and Daddy. Really good. I feel like big things are going to happen and I cannot wait. I will bring you with me to every victory and I will feel you with me in every defeat. Because I will never get past the love my life has been filled with. I will never get past the pride you felt for who I am in all my awkward goofiness. 

And, no matter how many years pass, I will always be your baby. Always. Thank you for your love that was so powerful that it transcend death. I miss you more than words. 

No comments: