Saturday, May 26, 2007

Coming Full Circle

I know most of you know about my work situation. It has been a struggle for me, and on top of the other things I have been facing in my life, it came close to being the straw==and I came close to being the camel's back.

I left my job as a day shift Charge Nurse on Women's Health Services to work for the State of Georgia. I felt at that time that I needed to work more for the Lord, I needed to be there every Sunday service. And I did.

After a time I found a position back at the hospital as a Case Manager. This was like coming back home for me.

And things were good, for a time. But my honesty, I feel, was my downfall. And things turned sour. For the first time in my life that I can recall, I was told I had a bad attitude.

I thought about it, and I guess I did. The whole situation made me sour. That's when I knew it was time to go back to what I became a nurse for in the first place.

So I am excitedly looking toward June. Many good things are on the way.

My sister will be here today. She is going to stay with Dad and Mom and look after them giving me a chance to catch up on my life.

I have a week off for Legacy camp. I can hardly wait. My wonderful husband will haul our motorhome over and I will spend the whole week in service after service.....Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!!!

And the Wednesday after my children and I return with refreshed outlooks I will start back as a Labor and Delivery nurse, working night shift.

I have given it much thought and prayer. I won't take the time to give you the details of how the Lord directed my steps back, but He orchestrated each one. I will actually have more time to do His work. I will have to miss every other Thursday night service and every other Sunday night service, but that should be it!!

Before when I worked this way I was able to teach Ladies Bible Studies and do visitation and door knocking. Now I barely have time to keep my clothes washed up.

I will miss my time at night with my family. But I will have so much other time with them. I can have a meal cooked for them when they all come home, and keep my house picked up better. Plus, and most importantly, I will have more time for prayer and study that I do now. I did so good before, and my time now has been so rushed and cut down.

I feel like a dark cloud is rolling out of my life. You think it would be a bad thing to some to find themselves right back where they started at, but I feel like I have just come full circle and found myself again.......

Have a blessed day!!!

No comments: