Friday, May 4, 2007

Through the Fire

Have you ever thought about those 3 Hebrews, the faith and the courage they had to stand in the face of adversity and say, "I will not" ? Oh I have faced many things, and it encourages me to know that when they made it through that fiery furnace their clothes were not singed, neither were the hairs on their heads, BUT those bonds that had imprisoned them were gone. *I feel a shoutin' coming on!*

The things of this world may try to hold me, may try to destroy me, but when I come through the fire of this present trial, you won't even be able to smell the smoke!

I was so down this morning, dreading facing my fiery furnace, then the Lord came down and joined me. And right there in my kitchen the bonds began to break.

Pastor sang this Wednesday night at the Big Church. What an awesome message from my awesome God to me today.

* * * “Through the Fire”

Many times I’ve questioned certain circumstances and things I could not understand.

And many times in trials weakness blurs my vision,

That’s when my frustration seems to get so out of hand.

Oh, but it’s then I am reminded that, I’ve never been forsaken.

No, I’ve never had to stand one test alone.

That’s when I look at all the victories and the Spirit rises up in me,

As through the fire my weakness is made strong.
- - - - -

He never promised that the cross would not get heavy, or the hill would not be hard to climb.

He never offers our victories without fighting, but He said help will always come in time.

Just remember when you’re standing in the valley of decision and the adversary says “give in.”

Just hold on, our Lord will show up, and He will take you through the fire again.
- - - - -

I know that in myself I would surely perish, but if I trust the mighty hand of God,

He’ll chill the flames again, again because,
- - - - -

He never promised that the cross would not get heavy, or the hill would not be hard to climb.

He never offers our victories without fighting, but He said help will always come in time.

Just remember when you’re standing in the valley of decision and the adversary says “give in.”

Just hold on, our Lord will show up, and He will take you through the fire again.

Just hold on, our Lord will show up!

And He will take you through the fire again!

No comments: