Sunday, July 1, 2007

Alpha and Omega??? Yes He Is!!!

I had a thought this morning. It could possibly be the fact that I have been up all night, but it struck a cord in me this weary morning. *And for all who are reading this AMAZED that I had a thought let me say---I Know!*

I face so many problems in life, as we all do. I don't have a special lease on life's trials, but you know how it is when you are the one facing problems that it can seem that way. I was reflecting on the events of the past year of my life and I suddenly understood with great clarity exactly what it means to serve Him.

Before any of my problems ever existed, He did. So why do I doubt that He can do anything when there is NOTHING new to Him under the sun. He has healed EVERY sickness, He has worked through EVERY situation, He has drawn in EVERY type of sinner and backslider, so why would I not believe for one second that He can do it again for me, for my need?

And even more incredible than that to my sleep deprived mind is the fact that long after I am gone and the problems of my life have forever ceased to plague me, He will still be....

Till the very end of all time, till that great day when there will be no more *sorrow there, no more heartaches to bear* He will still be the Great I Am, the First and the Last!

My lazy bones may shout through church, and for all of you who say, *so what, I knew that* let me say maybe it's time for old things to become new again in your heart so you can rejoice in His goodness for ALL time(s).

Have a wonderful, wonderful, day!

1 comment:

D'Ann said...

hey aunt sher...i love your blog...love u lots!