Monday, July 30, 2007

There Was An *Old Lady*

Coming to grips with my 40 years of life has been quite easy to do. It seems the very core of existance for the world around me is to remind me, vividly, frequently, that I have passed the "flower of my youth."

For instance, I work with a precious girl that serves as my charge nurse. What a sweetheart, she is just a joy to be around...until....

In passing the other night I mentioned that I graduated high school in 1984 to which she innocently and excitedly replied "Oh! That's the year I was born!!"

Yippee...I'm old enough to be her mother.

I can just be strolling along through my day, not really thinking about the fact that I have reached a new age bracket in every survey I receive, or that I too have begun to be concerned with, well, let's just say **bodily function** (something I have always found humorous about those of...ahem...advanced age), and suddenly, whammo, I'm buckled at my varicosed knee by another glaring reminder that time has not only marched on, but has trampled MY youthful flower.

So it seems an old lady has come to night shift, an old lady overwhelmed by the concern of her peers as to *how she's holding up* now that her days are her nights, or her nights are her days, or, well, you get the picture.

The years have taught me a valuble lesson through His Word. Luke 21 speaks of the coming of the last day. I find that verse 28 can also apply to this new stage in my life. "And when these things begin to come to pass, them look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." Every year that passes brings new wonders to my life and also brings me closer to my goal of seeing His face.

**Plus, as a bonus when you lift up your head it helps with that turkey neck!**

God is so good, He's so good to me!!!

No comments: