Monday, November 5, 2007

I am Yours

Let's see...

My Dad has been so sick this past weekend I am afraid to even call to check on him *I'm in ostrich mode*

It's almost two o'clock and I haven't even gotten dressed *not counting the fact that I have been up about an hour after working last night*

My house is...well...if the board of health showed up right now they'd either condemn it or call the police because they'd think they stumbled upon a crack house or something *if only there were about 5 more hours in the day*

I have a serious pain in my neck that I am sure is stress related *or as Chicken Little would like me to believe some kind of huge mass in my head pressing on the nerves*

For the second time in as many days I woke up because of a strange noise and realized it was me wheezing *and I don't have the 8 hours to wait in my doctors' waiting room even if I could get an appointment which, you know, is impossible for a sick person to do*

I got sent home Saturday night because of low census and I don't have any time to spare *which means I'll probably have to work an extra day which I have NO personal time to do*

One of the instructors at the Technical School asked me to apply for a teaching position which is my dream *but I had to say no because of my topsy turvy life*

But all whining aside....

What, don't tell me you never whine...don't tell me you have never sat down and said..OOOOKKKKK!?!?! Can I have a little break here?!?!?!

I know...you are sooo spiritual...walking around with no worries...no cares....your life is just floating from one cloud to the next...sunshine and rainbows...

HUMPH...bah humbug...

So what makes it worth getting up everyday??

It's another day...that's what...

Full of good and bad, because that's life, and I'm living it.

Everyday has the potential to be good or bad...It's what I make of it...

Some days the bad seems like it is overwhelming...oh but the good is sooo good.

When I am weak, that's when He is strong. He comes to me, reminding me again.

He reminds me....

That I have two wonderful parents and because of all they are going through I know without a doubt what each day that I have them means...

I have a job that I love and allows me the flexibility to be sitting here at this time of the day in my gown AND allows me to be off every day to take care of any issues that arise...

My family live in this house and love in this house...this is our HOME...our refuge...the place I long to be when the day is done...

I am in good health, even with my fat rolls and stiff neck...I am blessed

God has blessed us financially, allowing us to pay our bills and still enjoy life and pour back in to His work!

Even though I am still coughing I am sooooo much better than I was, and I know *this too shall pass* because I have visited the Great Physician with my ailment!

And someday when the time is right I'll be able to teach nursing, which is my desire. I'll have the time to finish up my education. But God has me where I can do something I enjoy and take care of my family. Not many people can say that...

AND.....in two weeks I'll be at Disney with my family!!! wooohooo yippeeee!!!!!

You see for each problem, there is a blessing...

Sometimes my vision gets clouded by situations, and then He comes...

"I'll never leave you, nor forsake you"

"I'll shelter you under My wings"

"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Light"

"I'll restore your soul"

"I am your salvation, whom shall you fear?"

There is a song that I have been listening to over and over lately...the chorus says

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours.....

Oh God, Oh God....I am Yours today...all of me. Who I am that You even know my name, that You would come down to the earth as a man just so I could know You? Me, a whining petulant child, yet You love me.

No comments: