Tuesday, November 27, 2007

To My Children....With Love

Dear Babies,

Oh, I know you are no longer babies. The years that have passed confirm that. But, to me, you'll always be my babies. I just can't help it.

I am so in awe of you both. I mean that. You are so amazing and incredible. And I think of how I was when I was your ages and I cannot imagine how you both came to be my children. How could I have a part in the making of who you are? It is a mystery.

I think of your tiny bodies with the huge spirits, it seems so long ago. But sometimes when I sleep, God brings you back to me. And I once again see your shining faces, hear your sweet laughter.

The years pass too quickly. Life happens too fast.

I don't know if I'll ever be ready to let you go from me, let you make your own lives. But I know I must.

I would give my life for you both. In a second, without a second thought.

I would take on anything that is brave enough to come up against you, because I know no fear when you are at stake.

I want to shield you from every hurt, protect you from every pain, keep you from every dissappointment.

I want to...

My sweet wonderful children. I hope you know my love will always be yours. My strength is yours, my prayers are yours....my heart is yours....

Forever, and ever, and ever.

And beyond.

No comments: