Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry

Well, here I sit at a few minutes after 5pm, alone. So, so alone...

*anybody feeling my pain*

I am at one of my last training stops. One more night away next week and I'll be home!!! WOOT!

Denise is sneaking up to stay with me tonight. I am so aware that my time with my little *dumplin* is growing shorter. I am longing to hold on for a while, store up some more memories to take out later and fill my heart with smiles.

I have had time to contemplate many things out here alone. Usually my time is filled with being everything I am, but here alone I have no clothes to wash, no toilets to clean. Just my thoughts to keep me company.

And I have been thinking of where I am going. I feel like more than a job change has taken place. I feel like a heart change has too.

I have been able to get to know myself better. Some things I need to do better have come to light, as well as some things that I like about myself.

I have identified within myself things I had no idea were there. And I realize that God is preparing me for a journey, a journey where faith will have to be my vehicle. A journey of trust.

So, I'm sitting here waiting...

Waiting for my dumplin to drive up (and wishing my Lil E could too).

And waiting for a page to turn, a chapter to end....

Waiting to see where He leads....

Waiting, and praying, and trusting...

No comments: