Saturday, March 1, 2008

When Life Makes No Sense

There is little in life that gives me more pleasure than freshly washed clothes...

I know, I'm a moron...

But, there is just something about pulling warm laundry out of the dryer and stuffing my nose into the folds and taking a big, deep, sniff.

I came home from life on the road last week to "Mount Clothesous" and an eruption was on the horizon.

So, I have spent the time that I could today, washing clothes.

I stripped the sheets off of the bed and placed them in the washer, looking forward to snuggling down tonight with the fragrance of Downy surrounding me, and then drifting off into a peaceful slumber where I would dream about flowers and little bunnies....

I pulled the sheets out, still hot to the touch, and pressed my face into the depths of softness....

NOTHING....

I tried once more, taking a deeper breath...which only caused a fit of coughing...

And that silly part of me said "What was the use of even washing them if I can't smell they are clean?"

What's the use indeed?

We live in a world that is fed by their senses. If you can't feel, smell, touch, taste, or hear something, then it's just not real...

In my walk with God there have been times that I had no sense of His presence...

Should that cause me to doubt He is there? Of course not.

And even though I cannot smell the April Freshness of my sheets, they needed to be clean, even as my sin stained life needed to be washed in the Blood of the Lamb. I didn't literally have blood poured over me, but the cleansing flow was real. And it washed me white as snow.

So, I'm am about to put my sheets on the bed, still warm from the dryer, and then I'm going to snuggle down and take a nap. Maybe when I wake up I will be able to smell again.

I Need You, I Need You, I Need You!!!! Come and fill my life....

No comments: