Saturday, February 2, 2008

Can't Never Could

I have spent my whole day stretched like a bow string, waiting to pop. The thing I dreaded came, just as I anticipated.

I have so much inside of me that wants to come out. It almost feels like I am a bottle of soda that has been violently shaken, and now waits for someone to open me up so all this inside of me can come shooting forth.

There are things right now that for various reasons I cannot do. Oh, how I want to. How the desire burns within me. It is a passion that is so hard for me to contain.

As I was talking to my *best Friend* today, I asked for something to help me in my situation. He was quick to answer.

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." -John Wooden

There are things right now that I cannot do, but there is so much I can do. And if I switch my focus off of the things that are out of my control, and channel that unused passion into other areas, like increasing my prayer time, or working on playing the keyboard better, or increasing my study time, then those things that I cannot control will become His focus.

I know the plans He has for me are all for my good. I am trusting Him fully, for He has NEVER, NEVER, NEVER let me down!!!

I have some other good news to announce, but now is not the right time. I'll leave you in suspense for a while longer. Suffice it to say, He always provides.

My precious Friend, I am longing for You today. Like the song I played over and over today, "If home is where my heart is, then I'm out of place." I long to be with You, putting the world behind me. I am comforted by Your words, for You said that You have overcome the world, so the things that would hinder me are nothing for You. Still, Lord, I've never been more homesick than now.

No comments: