Monday, February 11, 2008

Drum Roll Please.....

Ok, so most anybody who knows me KNOWS I have been praying for God to open a door for me with my job. I really am not a job hopper, although my recent employment activities would say otherwise.

I happened across this job while looking for something for someone else. It sounded intriguing, so I applied.

I was called to interview and I went. I prayed "OK, Lord, if this is something I can do then let the door open, if not then don't."

Well, the door opened. So I walked through.

I am officially starting my new position on Feb. 25th. It will be a tremendous opportunity for me. I will even have a chance to advance my career.

It will also be very challenging for me. To start, I will have to train for at least 4 weeks, away from home. I don't know if I can stand being away from my family for that long. I just keep telling myself "this too shall pass."

Another door opened this week. Shain and I have our first job for "This Day Photography." I am all set to order our equipment later today so we will have plenty of time to become acquainted with it before the wedding on March 29. It will be in Savannah at a little Catholic Church. I am thrilled!!!

I will post a link to our website as soon as it is up and running! We need referrals people!!

We decided on the name "this day" for 2 reasons...

During the wedding vows you promise to love from "this day" forward, no matter what. We believe in those vows, in those promises.

And also for Joshua 24:15--And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you "this day" whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

We have made our decision, and it is our prayer that God will use us to reach people through this venture.

Well, that's all my news for now.

No comments: