Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Baby Girl....

graduated yesterday morning with her Associates of Science in Education!!!

I cannot believe it!! The time has gone by so fast. I am afraid the next two years will too.

You know, Denise, I have so many memories stored up in my heart that are filled with you, the beauty of who you are. And I have so many dreams that are there also, surrounding you and who you are, and who you are becoming.

Never let go of who you are. Because of who He is to you, you have a strength that the world at large can never understand.

And do not allow yourself to become distracted by the flowers in the fields along your path. They may be pretty, and have a sweet smell, but remember, they only bloom for a season. You have something much sweeter awaiting you down this long and winding road you are on.

You have many beautiful days ahead of you, memories of your own to fill the pages of your story. You also have hills to climb, lonely valleys to cross. Such is the way of life, I'm afraid.

I give to you the best advise I ever received. And I received it the day I held my very own miracle in my arms, waiting to leave the safety of the hospital to begin my journey as your mother.

My own sweet Mama stood beside me that day and said, "I'm going to give you some advise right now, and I want you to listen. MAKE MEMORIES."

And, oh, Mama, I have. So, so many. It is those memories that have caused the tears to flow as I write these words. The memories of my little dumplin' all warm and snugly beside me, her breath sweet and hot on my face, her little cherub face soft and peaceful. My sweet little baby.

Congratulations my baby. I love you.

No comments: